- Often, many more activities and data regarding climate change exist upon which the project should build. They need to be identified at the beginning and throughout the project, establishing partnerships with other organizations working on this area is very useful
- Baseline studies are very important, they should be discussed at stakeholder meetings
- It is crucial to establish a working group with representatives of the government, the water authorities, academia, NGOs and other experts to oversee the project and promote its results at the national and transboundary level
- The biggest challenge was dealing with observation data sets collection. At the same time modelling calculations and respective hydrological calculations appeared to be quite time consuming. We would suggest for other similar projects to secure enough time for data preparation and subsequent calculations. Also attention should be paid to existing data formats especially in a case of developing databases.
- The hydrographical data collections during the river surveys should be better prepared by the partner countries to avoid situation such as we met in August 2008 when sonar survey of the bathymetry at Mogilev Podolsky was not permitted for the project team by the border guards only in Ukrainian waters.
News And Events
Consultations and seventh meeting of Dniestr project, Chisinau, 9-10 July 2013
Fourth Workshop on Adaptation to Climate Change in Transboundary Basins (Geneva, 25–26 June 2013)
Final workshop on Flood Risk Management planning and Climate Change assessment in the Sava River Basin, Zagreb, 5-6 June 2013.
Workshop on Flood Communication in the Dniester River Basin May 27-28, 2013 Lviv, Ukraine
Workshop on climate change adaptation in the Neman river basin. Vilnius, Lithuania, 16 May 2013
Workshop and expert meetingRiver basin management and climate change adaptation in the Neman river basin. Minsk, Republic of Belarus, 19 March 2013
First meeting of the global network of basins working on adaptation to climate change and third meeting of the core group of pilot projects (Geneva, 20 - 21 February 2013)